The 16th Annual AJ’s Kids Crane will kick off on Friday, November 10th, 2017, at the IKEA parking lot in Mission Valley.
Now is the perfect time to start your very own toy collection drive at your business, school, or organization! Grab a box and print the AJ’s Kids Crane poster. Then, starting November 10th, bring your toy collection boxes to the AJ’s Kids Crane at 2149 Fenton Parkway, San Diego, Ca 92108!
Here is the 2017 Rady Top Ten Toy List!
*WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT ANY USED ITEM OR STUFFED ANIMALS*
We use toys as diversionary items for our patients in many settings as well as in our playrooms throughout the hospital.
Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego – Top 10 toy list
- New Release movies (G and PG-13)
- Board/card games (UNO/ Headbanz/Apples to Apples/Jenga/ Don’t Break the Ice)
- Crayola Crayons/ Crayola paints/Crayola art supplies
- $5 and 10 Gift Cards – ITunes, movie theater, Target, Best Buy, Starbucks
- Legos (all ages for boys and girls)
- Cars – Matchbox cars are a favorite
- Play-Doh brand clay
- Barbies and Super Hero Action Figures (no military)
- Musical toys/infant and toddler toys
- Medical Play Kits
Other Rady Wish lists:
NICU Developmental Equipment:
- Crib music and visual stimulation attachments (e.g. crib aquariums)
- Crib mobiles with music
- Crib mirrors
- Books for parents to read to their babies (English and Spanish), such as Good Night Moon, board books, etc.
Downs Syndrome Center:
- Infant toys such as rattles
- Sensory toys that light up (not loud)
- “Little Tykes” walker (they really like this particular walker because the wheels don’t slip and it folds flat and can be used as a toy for toddlers sitting on the floor.
There is also a “Toys R Us Differently-Abled” catalogue
- Due to infection control we can only accept NEW items
- No stuffed animals
- No guns, religious articles, books, or violent themed games, or comic books
Patient safety is our number one priority at Rady Children’s Hospital
Thank you in advance for your help with our AJ’s Kids Crane toy drive!