Little Tommy Blog: The Wait Is Over!

mannybig1 Little Tommy Blog:  The Wait Is Over!

The wait is over!  The party is tonight. Manny is all set.  Look at him in his new tuxedo from the Men’s Wearhouse in Mira Mesa.  I guarantee it!

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what this party truly means.  I’ve been flashing back to the days after August 20, 2009 as we walked out of the studio at Clearchannel to all those day and all those weeks and all those months of being off the air.

What did it all mean?  Will I ever go through anything like that again?  What have I learned?

Well, tonight is to celebrate that the Jeff and Jer Showgram is back on the air.  The only way to do that, is to throw a party NOT for us, but for YOU.  Tonight is all about saying THANK YOU.

Thank you to our listeners for staying with us.  It’s a tough world out there and nothing is handed to you anymore.  17 months is a long time.  17 months is a very long time to be off the air. We have to work hard to get people to listen. We don’t have an advertising budget, so our advertising comes with putting on good shows.

Each one of us has a story to tell and currently dealing with so many things in our personal lives, but it’s all for the better.  I think tonight is going to be fun and emotional.

Jeff said yesterday on the air that all of us on the show are different personalities, but for some reason when all 6 of us show up to work at KyXy 96.5, it just works like a well oiled machine.

I’m so happy to be back on the air.  It’s fun to be doing what we do right here in my hometown of San Diego.

I wish everyone was able to go to the party.  Today, will be a day full of emails, text messages, phone calls, pages, alerts, faxes, western union, pony express, and maybe even a airplane banner with messages to all of us on the show from friends and family waiting for the very last day to  get tickets.

I’m so excited.  I couldn’t sleep last night.  The wait is finally over.  I think tonight will be an exclamation point to the fact we were off and now back on. Everything after today is a brand new chapter.

civic1 Little Tommy Blog:  The Wait Is Over!

Speaking of brand new chapters, I actually started one yesterday.  I went to Honda of Escondido and worked with the GM Gary Palmer and one of the managers named Andrea Schramm and got a brand new Honda Civic.  The color is URBAN TITANIUM.   I think they could have just called it bronze.

I was fed up with paying over 110 bucks to almost fill up my Expedition, so I decided to finally do something about the gas prices and get a car that economically makes sense.

This will give me a lower monthly payment and also help me save even more money with gas.

I can get so stressed as I manage my new life and re organize and re structure everything to the best of my ability. It’s been tough and it’s been hard, but it’s a challenge that I am taking head on and it actually excites me to go through these changes as I get closer to figuring things out in my life.

meandmom Little Tommy Blog:  The Wait Is Over!

I think about my mom all the time. She’s doing well right now and all her vital signs look great.  BUT, for some reason my mom isn’t talking like before.   She isn’t holding any conversations.  I told my sister that I think my mom had another stroke or something, but they ran tests and she didn’t, but for some strange reason, she’s not saying too many words right now.

I’m hoping this is just a strange occurence and she will be herself soon.

I’m going to see my mom today.  I don’t see her enough, but when we do have a big occassion or it’s a big day in my life, I always make time to see my mom and to just give her a hug, because I know all that I am about and all that I have been blessed with started because my mom raised me right all by herself.

So, please think of my mom today okay?

Comments

One Comment

1. nancy says:

HI Tommy
    have a wonderful time tonite. i wish there was something i could do to help your mom. love this pic of you & your mom. i think ya’ll should have a fundraiser with manny to the charity of choice tonite with people paying to dance with manny. take care & hang in there

2. Monique says:

It sounds like our lives are on very similar paths at this moment. When I start to doubt that things are ever going to be as I wish them to be, I try to remember Jeremiah 29:11 and I have to remember all things in His time not mine. Logically I know this but my heart wants what it wants…and I wish it would get here already! I luv how you luv your mom. I was away from my mom for almost 9 yrs, and try to make up for it all the time…keep doing the right thing, keep making the right decisions for your life, take chances on new things/situations (don’t let something slip by you) & most importantly ~ keep making her proud. She raised you up good Mr. Sablan! Don’t be nervous about tonight…these kinds of nights always have a little magic in them 🙂 See you tonight!

3. Barrie says:

I wish I could have won tickets for tonight, but it just didn’t happen. I’m glad you posted this, Tommy. I’ll be thinking of and praying for your Mom today. Even though I can’t go to the party, I feel almost a part of it because I can connect with all of you in prayer. Have a wonderful evening!

4. Kathi says:

Tommy, you brought tears to my eyes. Your emotions overwhelm me at times. Thanks for speaking with your heart and rising up to the moon with your intentions.

See youse guise this evening. The wait is truly over.
    Kathi from Prescott Valley, AZ

5. Phyllis says:

I love this pic. You cannot. Put a price tag on it. A mom with her son and the love that it expresses.

6. Barrie says:

I’ll be thinking of (and praying for) your Mom, Tommy. You’ll also be in my prayers, because I know what it’s like to watch a parent’s health decline. Tonight, it’s looking like I’ll be waiting for the next party to come along … as much as I tried, I wasn’t able to win tickets. Somehow, I still feel connected, though … almost like I’m there anyway. Have a wonderful evening!

7. kelly says:

wow tommy im so in the same place in my life now,my mom, lost my husband to cancer,business just in a recovery mode, i can so relate. good luck with moma and have fun at the party!

8. Sharon says:

Sorry my family can’t party with u tonight. Daughter is in a play. Mom loving thoughts moving to your family. Love to all.

9. Penny says:

Tommy, your touching comments and personal sharing directly touches the hearts of anyone who reads your words… I appreciate you and your heart! Big hugs and prayers to you and your mom! 🙂

10. Chris says:

Good Morning Tommy, Thanks for your writing this morning. Your heart filled with gratefulness doesn’t go unnoticed by us or by the one that deserves all the credit for your enlightenment.I’m glad that KyXy decided to throw such a celebration of your re-birth in all aspects of your personal & career Lives. I’m with you with party hats, blowers & whole hoopla.The Showgram (The pie) is now complete…in other words “WHOLE”
    Now your Mom…… just keep talking with her…even if it takes her to blink once for no or twice for yes.May it a loving day for you &your Mom together.Kudos to our single Moms they both are the CHAMPIONS….. Happy you are now on the road not married to the gas pump any longer. Congrats on your new smelling CAR !! Nice color too !!! 😀

11. Carmen says:

Hi Tommy, I saw you yesterday morning at Don’s celebration in Chula Vista. You are an amazing human being. I love the picture of you and your mom. That is what life is all about. My life has changed dramatically this last 3 years. The plan I had for my life changed, lost my job of 17 years, my teenage daughter got pregnant twice, my marriage is falling apart, and started a business (not going well). But you know what? I have faith and believe in God, have an awesome family and friends, listen to an awesome radio station with real people :). I know God has a plan for me as he has for you, and the rest. My grand kids are blessing from above and my daughters are amazing. Laura is an inspiration to me and a lot of people. Jeff, Jer, and Randy are great. Have fun tonight. I tried to win tickets but didn’t happen:( I will be there in spirit!! Love all of you.

12. yvonne says:

Tommy, I just read this. You are a great son and realize what you have. Good things come to Good people and that is why you are all back on the air. I believe that sometimes we go through very tough times and the good takes a long time to come back,though we learn so much and become better people.
    Luv Ya!!

13. keri park says:

Tommy,
    That touched me so much reading about your mom. My prayers are with you nd i only hope I’m doing a good enough Job being a single mother to my 3 boys that one day they will speak about me the same way you speak about your mother. God bless.

14. Debbie says:

Tommy you have an amazing heart for your mom and all the causes you have taken on. I wish i won tickets for tonight, but i know you will have fun, try to anyway. I know you arrange everything, but relax for a change. You are an great team on the air and i am a loyal listener for many, many years, and will always be. LOVE ALL YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Debbie

15. Paula says:

Tommy,

I am always so moved when you talk about your mom and seeing you in this picture with her brought me to tears. My mom passed away in 2007 and I have missed her so much!! Every minute you spend with her is a gift you will treasure always!!
    I am also going through changes and uncertainty and wish you the best in your journey. I will be thinking of you and your mom today. Enjoy the party tonight…..
    I wish I was lucky enough to win tickets but could never get through!!! I have listened to the Showgram for many years and you all make my day!! I am sure you would have been fun to party with too!!
    Welcome Back to you, Jeff, Jer, Laura, Randy and Emily and the entire team it takes to run “The Showgram”—Woo Hoo!!!
    Always in my heart
    I am so glad you are back!

16. Jane says:

Tommy, I hope you take time to relax and just enjoy yourself tonight! You seem to always be running in several different directions and I truly believe you need “you” time. I hope you all have a wonderful time this evening I really wish I could be there … maybe next time.
    Congratulations on the new car!!!! Great for the economy, and yes for savings. It just makes sense!
    I hope your mom is doing well give her an extra squeeze for me! I know what is like to worry about a parent. My dad is going through some stuff now… my family all live back east and it is difficult to think he could go before I could get there, but in this economy and my lack of employment it isn’t in the cards for me to go visit. I keep in touch and hope that things will turn around soon.

Lastly, Please promise you will have fun tonight! Squeeze mom for me! And thank you, Tommy, Jeff, Jer, Laura, Randy and Emily for making all my days more enjoyable. You are truly appreciated! Keep on smiling, Jane =)